Guess what? I’ve been nominated for a blog award by the super cute Nicole of The Sheas! Thanks Nicole! Stop by her site and check her out.
The Liebster Award is a way of recognizing new bloggers who you think deserve to be recognized for their blogging. Here are the details of receiving it:
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
So here are mine!
11 facts about me:
1. Purple is my favorite color.
2. I only have one dimple, and I wasn’t born with it – I fell on the handlebar of my scooter when I was a kid.
3. I skipped first grade.
4. I’ve never died my hair.
5. I think heels are too much trouble.
6. In college, I majored in German.
7. I start every morning with a mug of coffee.
8. I can drive stickshift.
9. The toilet paper roll has to be on in the right direction. If I come over to your house and your toilet paper rolls under instead of over, I will fix it for you while I pee.
10. I want to attend Hogwarts.
11. I wear a ring on my left ring finger, even though I’m not engaged or married. Always have!
Answers to Nicole’s questions:
1. Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
Still in Salt Lake City, running and cooking, and hopefully in a career centered around food!
2. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Serving an unbelievably garlicky pesto, speckled with splinters of wooden spoon that got caught in the blender, to all my roommate’s friends, including a guy I had hooked up with. Why didn’t I just open a jar of pasta sauce???
3. What is one of your proudest moments?
Watching Nate win the San Francisco marathon this summer!
4. Do you have any obsessions?
I may or may not own more than 30 Urban Outfitters dresses.
5. Favorite date night idea?
This past Friday, we went out for sushi and then watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It was pretty ideal!
6. If you won $1,000 and had to spend it in a day, how would you spend it?
Not gonna lie, I would probably go shopping and just let myself go crazy at Banana Republic. My wardrobe is in need of a serious makeover.
7. What are 3 positive qualities about yourself?
Genuine, smart, laidback.
8. What is 1 thing that you love about your spouse/significant other/or hope to find in a significant other (if you’re single)?
I love Nate’s sense of humor. He can find the funny side of any situation!
9. Favorite ice cream?
Mint chip 4 lyfe.
10. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
No injuries in 2013!
11. What is your dream job? Why?
Dare I say it? To write this blog full-time. Why? Because I want to get paid to wake up and cook things for myself every day!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What was your first job out of college/school?
2. Who would play you in a movie on your life?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. If you could live in another country for a year, where would it be?
5. What is your first childhood memory?
6. What is the one possession you couldn’t live without?
7. Beer, wine, or neither?
8. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
9. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
10. What is your favorite post from your own blog?
11. Which was the first blog you started following?
And finally, here are the 11 blogs I nominate (in no particular order):
1. Alisha of Alisha’s Appetite
2. Becky of Olives ‘n’ Wine
3. Anna of Herbivore Triathlete
4. Sara of Fitcupcaker
5. Natalie of Cooking Quidnunc
6. Rossi of A Baking Girl
7. Jules of Bound
8. Carly of Snack Therapy
9. Angela of Another Bite Please
10. Aparna of Not A Leaf
11. Jemma of Celery and Cupcakes
Take a look at their blogs! Thanks again Nicole :)
I’ll be back with another recipe tomorrow.