Peach Guacamole

Peach Guacamole

Well friends, it’s peach season, and that means I, like every other food blogger, am adding peaches to everything.

But this peach guacamole is not just my attempt to be a bandwagon peach lover; I’ve actually been saving this recipe on my “to-cook” (well… to-mash) list for quite some time. And when the first little Utah peaches appeared in my farm box last week, I knew the time had come.

Peach Guacamole

A few months ago at work, we got on the topic of my friend’s ex-girlfriend. Or maybe we were talking about food (we usually are). In any case, he mentioned that he didn’t like this ex-girlfriend much, but that she made this awesome peach guacamole – just regular guacamole with chunks of peach mixed in.

I had one of those culinary moments (they happen so often) where my mind just explodes. Whaaaat, peaches in guacamole?! I didn’t know you could dooooo that.

So I did it. And somehow it was even better than I thought it would be, though given my anticipation, I’m not sure how that’s possible.

Peach Guacamole

Every bite of this guacamole is a juicy little peach flavor explosion. The more peach in each bite, the merrier. And the more bites, even more the merrier. If you ever thought you were addicted to guacamole before… well, don’t even try this stuff.

Let me tell you that the only way this guacamole would be better is if you multiplied the number of peaches by about 1,000,000. I am picturing a giant bowl of peach chunks just barely held together with a little mashed avocado. Yes.

Use the ripest, juciest peaches you can find for this. You will be the hero of your next barbecue!

Peach Guacamole

Peach Guacamole

• 4 ripe avocados
  • 2 medium-sized ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
  • 1/4 red onion, minced
  • 1 vine-ripened tomato, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
  • juice of 3 limes
  • kosher salt
  1. Halve avocados and scoop flesh out into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
  2. Stir in chopped peaches, onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Salt to taste.
  3. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers. Enjoy!
Notes
Will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge with several layers of plastic wrap pressed on top. Or try this method from The Kitchn of keeping guacamole fresh with water.

• Nicole August 21, 2013, 6:28 am

Am already a lover of guacamole, this recipe might make me take that love to the next level!!

• Dad August 21, 2013, 6:36 am

Yummers. I can’t wait to try this!

• Julia August 21, 2013, 7:40 am

YUM! I could eat guacamole every day and have never tried it with peaches. Love the creamy guac with bursts of juicy ripe peaches – I want to put this on everything!

• Carly @ Snack Therapy August 21, 2013, 7:44 am

I’m having visions of pairing this with Trader Joe’s Pineapple Salsa . And yeah, my mind is thisclose to exploding.

• Erica August 21, 2013, 9:13 am

Ooooh I will have to try that. I love TJ’s salsas but have never tried the pineapple!

• Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health August 21, 2013, 10:04 am

Haha, I love where the inspiration for this came from! At least he had something good to say about her guacamole.
    I’m trying to imagine what this would taste like and I think I like it. I love avocados and peaches so I don’t see how they wouldn’t be good together.
    I’m going to a shindig this weekend and I may have to make some to bring!

• Natalie August 21, 2013, 2:45 pm

Oh this looks interesting! Never thought of peach and avocado, but sounds delicious!

• Alex @ Kenzie Life August 21, 2013, 5:42 pm

I love peach salsa but never thought of it in guac! And lucky me, I just bought some peaches :) Looks like a great recipe!

• Christine @ Gotta Eat Green August 23, 2013, 7:20 am

What an awesome combo! I’m going to try this recipe this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

• dishing up the dirt August 25, 2013, 10:25 pm

Girl, you read my mind! we have a peach orchard as our next door neighbor. I have been eating peaches like it’s my job. This guac is calling my name. Love the easy recipe.

• calee August 26, 2013, 11:34 am

You, my sweet gal, have solved my guac woes! I’m cool with subbing peaches for tomatoes (so I’ll do this sans tomatoes) and I am also cool with subbing garlic for onions. Why didn’t I think of pairing peaches with avocados earlier? Yay for allergy-free food.

• Erica August 26, 2013, 12:50 pm

Hooray for allergy-free deliciousness! So glad you found this recipe :)