Breeeeeathe out. It’s Friday.
Thank goodness. It’s been a whirlwind of a week, and I am sooo ready for a weekend of kicking back, sleeping in, and concocting some new recipes! No 6 AM treadmill workouts, no stressful presentations, just me in my slippers making a big ol’ mess in my kitchen. Yessss please.
In the meantime, here are some of the things I’ve been loving this week.
1. This Penner-Ash pinot noir. Penner-Ash was one of the wineries we visited in October, and Nate got us this bottle for Valentine’s Day! It was deeeeelicious.
2. Susan Cain’s TED talk on the power of introverts. In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. I heard this on NPR the other morning and identified with it so much!
3. These roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato quinoa bowls from one of my new favorite blogs, A Farmer in the Dell. (How awesome is she?!) I made these twice this week!
5. Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I got these for Nate for Valentine’s Day, and I think he’s managed to eat 1. The container is almost empty. Oops.
6. Flossing. Random, right? But a good thing, given the peanut butter cups. I used to be much better at flossing, but I’m embarrassed to say how long it’s been since I flossed regularly. Back on the wagon!
7. Getting nominated for Employee of the Year at work. On Tuesday I had to give a presentation to our executive team on why I deserve to win, and it was NERVE-RACKING. (See number 2…) The winner gets a week-long trip for 2 to anywhere in the world paid for! We find out the winner in about a month – eek!
8. This vegan bouillabaisse from Post Punk Kitchen. How good does that look?! I really need to make a few more soups before winter ends…
9. Thrift Shop by Macklemore. Am I behind the times? I’m finding this song so hilarious.
10. Coconut butter in my morning oatmeal. Mmmmmm.
Well that’s all for now. Enjoy your weekend! Recipes coming up next week, promise :)